The Employers’ Advocate
In Workers’ Compensation law, Stahl & DeLaurentis has an exceptional reputation for aggressive file handling, thoroughness and knowledge—along with extensive trial and appellate experience.
Our Workers’ Compensation Department is led by a partner who is
– Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney
– Past Chair of the New Jersey Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section.
– Actively involved in Workers’ Compensation Legislation reform efforts in New Jersey
– On the committee that certifies NJ attorneys in Workers’ Compensation Law.
We also work closely with clients to prevent Workers’ Comp issues, for instance offering seminars to train staff in handling work-related injuries before they become litigation; how to handle files; and recent changes in the law.
Stahl and DeLaurentis attorneys regularly lecture on a range of workers’ compensation topics for Lorman Business Institute and New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Types of clients:
- Insurance Carriers
- Self-Insured Entities
- Third- Party Administrators
- Public & Private Entities
Types of cases:
- Specific accidents (both admitted or denied)
- Occupational disease claims
- Complex total disability claims, with or without Second Injury Fund
- Dependency cases
- Mass claims resulting from plant closings or mass layoffs.
- Motions for Temporary and Medical Treatment
- Fraud Claims
- Motions to Enforce
- Discovery Motions
- Medicare issues
- Statute of limitations
- Jurisdictional questions
- Employment/Coverage questions
- Subrogation liens
- Compensability issues
- Going and Coming questions
- Return to work issues
Experienced counsel also provided in:
- Current developments in the law
- Practical approaches to file handling
- General workers’ compensation training for staff.
- Proper handling of work-related injuries prior to the inception of litigation.